About Neutralizator II
This variant of Neutralizator puzzle adds more particles to both corners, so we start with already cloned 30 particles. If you've seen the origins of this brain teaser you know that three particles in one corner cannot escape: it is impossible to clear that corner only by clonning particles (see why on this video from Numberphile).
So, if only by cloning we cannot escape from one corner with 3 particles, we cannot with 15 particles. But this puzzle is solvable because we have two types of particles. The fact that we can destroy some clones reequilibrates the game and makes it solvable. One strategy is, therefore, to cancel some particles near the corners.
The minimal solution for an nxn Neutralizator puzzle are 6(n-2) steps (when n > 2). But this puzzle is not as simple and requires more moves. I don't know the optimal but it could probably be calculated with a computer search. If you manage to do so, I will be very interested in the results.
- Name Neutralizator II
- Version 1.0
- Credits Neutralizator II: an electro-cloning brain teaser on a chessboard. Based on prisoner-escape problems.
- Game category Brain and Puzzle
- Price 0 (Free)
- Platforms Chrome, Internet Explorer 9+, Firefox, Safari, Opera
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Original idea: Edgar Weto. This is a variation of the original 'Neutralizator' puzzle.
- Author: Edgar Weto
- Sound: Nicholas Blay, Kenney Vleugels, EvilMind
- Translations: Catherine S.